Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hand Made Divorce

Recovered: Sometime, 2003
[Miscellaneous Internet(s) reply on the topic of Divorce.]


Fuck it.

I didn't just file for my divorce--I typed the goddamn thing, liquor-ey letter by liquor-ey letter from decree to child care agreement. Submitted it. Before the final filing, my not-yet-ex drove away towing the car I bought us behind a large yellow truck that said 'Ryder' on the outside, and bore my five year old son inside, waving 'goodbye' to me shortly before I went to my knees in uncut creeper vines on slope that was not steep enough to hold back a wave of angst that three years worth of calendars couldn’t measure before it hit the high water mark.

I stood at my hearing alone, just as uncontested, just as hurtful, and just as productive--none at all, until I LET it be, where my only comfort at the time were the eyes of attorneys who despised me for undercutting their trade when the judge made the comment "Did you do this? It’s good work--I just see the Font changed here about midway through." They looked when I subconsciously fingered my pistol as I left, eyeing them as well. I had 'held myself out at court' while on the job to do this, and instead of KFC and Xbox, I sat on an old oak bench outside and Lost Time, until I found my car and answered calls that I could not remember handling immediately thereafter.

It sucks.

But it is what we wanted.


Live Now; Die Later. And enjoy the in-between. And don't shoot at buildings, tanker trucks, and petroleum reserves in the mean time. It fucks up your karma, and makes your ears ring.


...Mind these words. For I am The Sign...that serves as a Warning to Others.


Pay Heed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home